FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 18, 2019
Contact: Alexa Jones, CEO
Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition Selects TheraB Medical
as One of Twenty-Four Finalists
Program Overview and Involved Startups
EAST LANSING, MICH. (October 18, 2019) - TheraB Medical has been chosen as one of the 24 finalists to compete in Accelerate Michigan's Innovation Competition on November 13th at the State Savings Bank in Detroit. This competition has awards of $50,000, $150,000 and a $350,000 grand prize and is celebrating its tenth anniversary this year. Semifinalists were chosen from a pool of 300 companies based on ideas, customer traction, and strategic business development plans. About 33% were minorty-led and 29% women-led.
- 86 Repairs- subscription service that manages the repair process for restaurant groups.
- Alchemie Solutions-a digital learning technology company based in Troy.
- Bedestrian- provides a driverless vehicle system for delivering prescription drugs and other goods, based in Ann Arbor.
- BrandXR- provides no-code software that makes it easy for businesses to create and publish augmented, virtual and mixed reality applications, based in Ann Arbor.
- Cask & Kettle- offers brew-ready, all-natural spirits beverages, based in Battle Creek.
- DeepHow- makes how-to videos for skilled-trades workers.
- Diet ID- offers a digital toolkit that examines one's diet and improves habits to minimize healthcare costs.
- Evoq Therapeutics LLC- a cancer immunotherapy company, based in Ann Arbor.
- Exponential ETFs- an exchange-traded fund issuer, based in Detroit.
- Flash Steelworks- provides a patented process for heat-treating steel that leads to mass reduction and cost savings.
- FreightRoll- provides a paperless platform for documents in the transportation market, based in Ann Arbor.
- GridPane- offers a self-managed WordPress hosting dashboard to build, manage and maintain websites.
- HyVIDA Brands- sells hydrogen- and magnesium-infused sparkling water, based in Muskegon.
- LoanSense- simplifies loan management for employees and rewards loyal employees by adjusting payoff benefits based on length of service, based in Ann Arbor.
- PassiveBolt- supplies a turnkey smart lock module and offers an application to help users manage access to their homes.
- PAXAFE- aggregates real-time parcel data from the supply chain to help insurers provide data-driven shipping insurance.
- Pivot- provides safe and sustainable plastic alternatives made from natural fiber bamboo or rice hull fiber.
- Pocketnest- provides a digital financial planning platform for Generation X and millennials, based in Detroit.
- RIZZARR- a content marketplace for brands to connect and work with millennial content creators, based in Detroit.
- S3D Precision Dispensing- creates print heads for manufacturing electronics, such as automotive smart surfaces and biomedical devices, based in Ann Arbor.
- SafeSense- provides innovative sensor technology for sports performance and medical technology.
- SpinTech- develops MRI software, based in Bingham Farms.
- The Patient Company- allows for safe, efficient lateral patient transfer by one clinician with its Auto-Slider device.
- TheraB Medical- a medical device startup that creates a wearable and portable swaddle treatment for infant jaundice, based in East Lansing.
TheraB Medical is an East Lansing-based medical device company developing SnugLit- the first completely portable and wearable treatment for infant jaundice.